“Brown is a color that feels stability and reliability.
I had seen my father, who works through blood, sweat and tears, so that he can give us a comfortable, carefree life. I had seen my father, his hands became brown and calloused over time, so that he can allow our hands to be plump white.
I really admire him, he is my family’s breadwinner. That’s why I always wish that I needed to be strong to become a great support for my loved ones, just like my father used to.”
A hand-thrown ceramic vase in matte brown color but still brings grace to your surroundings, with a cylindrical design certainly make you feel the steadiness. This has two patterns for you to choose from!
- Hand-thrown on the pottery wheel from clay, kilned at the high temperature by Vietnamese skilled potter who have been making it for generations.
- A masterpiece of artist Pham Anh Dao.
- Known for the quality of clay, the artisan has built on their skills in making this matte brown ceramic vase.
- This ceramic vase is a great addition to your home or kitchen.
- You can use it as a water pot, as a bud vase, or just decorative!
- The piece is glazed with lead-free glaze & high-fired for long-lasting strength and durability.
- This is a handcrafted piece of art pottery. Finished items will have variations in color and texture.
- Color may vary slightly from image due to variations in monitors. Glaze may vary slightly from photo since each piece is handcrafted and unique.
- In case you buy this product as a gift and want Nam An to wrap and write a message for you, feel free to contact us!
- We ship worldwide.
Artist Pham Anh Dao is one of the most famous Vietnamese hand thrown pottery artists. His family has a long tradition of making pottery in the village of Bat Trang, each work is the spiritual child he devotes a lot of affection to create.
When the wheel turns, suddenly… the clay turns soulful
Turning wheel diligently
Together the clay and water swirled and rotated
Drops of sweat count passing time
Through his hands
The Clay! have no longer bothered
An elegant shape appeared
Rustic and poetic